none
Hours and dates for resource assignments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Below is the case that I am working on and can not seem to find a rational explanation for it yet.. 

User assigned task for 24hs.

User marked the task as 100% completed

Project Owner changes dates and are not getting reflected for user in Task list.

If two resources are there the resource that marked the activity completed is not getting changes in dates reflected.

Even if the resource changes the percentage of completion to less than 100% system is not updating the changes

If one more resource is added to same activity and dates are modified the changes reflect properly for the second resource.

Any observations similar to above or any rational explanation why this is happening?

Note: After all changes project was published.  First user is also the project owner if that would affect anything in assignment.

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Sunday, April 12, 2015 8:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

the user sees dates from assignment lefel, project Owner is changing dates on task level (in most cases). If a user has already entered progress on a task, Actual Start Date is set for this assignment and "freezing" Assignment Start Date. As long as changes on task dates are not in conflict with this actual date, nothing will happen for this assignment.

Apply a usage view and add column Start in there. I assume you will see the start date and actual start date to be the same as on tasks page for this user.

Does that explain what you see?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Sunday, April 12, 2015 4:49 PM
  • Thanks Barbara for writing back to my reported issue. My observation can be seen below;

Below is a screen shot of my schedule, even if I change the project start and end date after reporting schedule, it is getting reflected for on resource but not for both of them. 

Below is screen of resource.

We have 2 resources assigned to the activity. Resource 1 had marked it as completed before the date changes where as resource 2 had marked it partially completed. Date changes and hours update gets reflected for Resource 2 only and not resource 1. 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Monday, April 13, 2015 6:09 AM