none
Visio File Type Requesting for Username and Password RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

PS2007 to PS2010 migration went well in a Test Environment, but only one issue remains. When opening Visio file for editing, it constantly requests for username and password. I have ticked 'Remember Password', but that doesn't seem to work. Opening it in Read-Only mode is fine.

Any assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

SJ

Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:18 AM

Answers

• Hello SJ,

This may be more of a SharePoint question than a Project Server.

Have you verified in SharePoint Central that visio extention is recognized file extention.

To isolate this problem, I would create a workspace in the SharePoint farm, create a Visio document and save it in a library.  Then try to open document for editing.  If eroror stilll occurs, then I would seek help in the SharePoint forum.

Cheers

Michael

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hello SJ,

This may be more of a SharePoint question than a Project Server.

Have you verified in SharePoint Central that visio extention is recognized file extention.

To isolate this problem, I would create a workspace in the SharePoint farm, create a Visio document and save it in a library.  Then try to open document for editing.  If eroror stilll occurs, then I would seek help in the SharePoint forum.

Cheers

Michael

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:03 PM
  • Thank you Michael for responding.

I will try the SharePoint forum. Visio extension is recognized file extension.

Kind regards,

SJ

Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:11 PM