windows 10 phone unstable after update RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Microsoft team,

I have owned the Lumia 950 with Win 10 phone OS for hardly 2 weeks now. The first update after I initialised the phone made the phone crash frequently. The latest update causes the wifi to switch off and only restarting the phone will result in a reconnection, which does not last long, however. If I let the phone go to sleep I won't have a connection, unless I restart. I must say that I begin to find this annoying, to say the least. I switched to windows phone from Android and am not used to glitches like that.

It would be helpful, if a restore function were available, like on win10 for pc, so that in case of a problem, the stable version could be used until you can fix issues.

Thank you

Sunday, April 17, 2016 9:06 AM

All replies

• What 'build' are you using? And I assume you have tried a normal power-cycle, followed by a soft-reset, followed by another normal power-cycle?

I'm currently using a Lumia 1520 with a 'slow ring' (i.e. early release/preview-type) build of 14925.1005 and have numerous stability/functionality issues as well. While I expect problems with early release builds, I do expect that simple things like phone and messaging function as one would expect. For example adding an attachment to a text message shouldn't continually crash the app which seems to be a problem with sharing any media from most any app (or rather launching an app from another app); also one shouldn't need to restart the phone to resume the ability to make phone calls (and the cellular signal strength is adequate). These two very basic phone functionalities should in my opinion always work. I do have to credit Microsoft with trying to acknowledge the various 'known' issues with early release builds, but these issues have existed for many builds and continue to persist.

When we running Windows Phone 8.1 on various Lumia hardware including 520's, 920's, 1020's and 1520's it was truly rock solid and extremely stable (even more so than iOS), and that was what truly attracted us to the platform as both users and developers. Unfortunately it would seem that Windows 10 Mobile (aka Windows Phone 10) is undergoing some serious growing pains which agitate users (including myself), and we can only hope that Microsoft resolves these quickly before all is lost.

It would also be nice if uservoice still functioned for Windows 10 Mobile feedback rather than having to use the feedback app on the phone (which is often difficult to do because of stability issues).

Thursday, April 28, 2016 3:07 PM
  • I have Microsoft 950 XL. believe it or not, I have been more than happy for the last year or so. Until recenlty I have got that f**** build in April and its like a brick now. Nothing working. Restarting itself every day. What have you done MSFT? Why????
    Wednesday, June 7, 2017 12:13 PM