none
unabble to install windows 10 after I purchased on old vista computers

Question

• I purchased windows 10 and it said to download, I downloaded and nothing. I am not sure if I just waisted 120 plus bux. I cant seem to find any help, it says I should be able to open the file 
    Monday, March 20, 2017 12:54 AM

All replies

• I purchased windows 10 and it said to download, I downloaded and nothing. I am not sure if I just waisted 120 plus bux. I cant seem to find any help, it says I should be able to open the file 

Seems to me your "old" vista computer is not compatible with Windows 10 operating system.

Based on what Microsoft said when Windows 10 Technical Preview was released, it said you could install it on Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1.

Microsoft never mentioned Vista.

Windows 10 Specifications and System Requirements :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/windows-10-specifications

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
    RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
    Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
    Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
    Display: 800x600

Monday, March 20, 2017 1:03 AM
  • Please have a look at this article :
    What you need to know about upgrading a Windows Vista PC to Windows 10

https://www.howtogeek.com/220996/what-you-need-to-know-about-upgrading-a-windows-vista-pc-to-windows-10/

Monday, March 20, 2017 1:06 AM
  • Hi klw64,

What is the exact machine model?

To make a device work well, we should get compatible drivers and the drivers are usually released by the device manufacturer website. Please ensure the device manufacturer website has released the Windows 10 compatible drivers for your machine model before we do the upgrade.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 6:27 AM