none
Changing IE9 Keyboard Shortcuts? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm sure this has been asked before, but all I see are IE8 issues, so I'm going to bring it up again... I've got a compy that opens up the Download Manager (Ctrl+J) in IE9 every time I use an attached hand-held scanner. Can't really figure out what's going on with the scanner always triggering the manager to come up, so I'm wondering if there's a way to disable that particular keyboard shortcut... Just trying to weed out the possibilites.

Thanks!

Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry, No...

change your scanner software or refer to the publishers website.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Friday, April 12, 2013 12:22 AM
  • got a compy that opens up the Download Manager (Ctrl+J) in IE9 every time I use an attached hand-held scanner.

Can you print what you want to scan, e.g. either to XPS Document Writer or to ClipBoard and paste somewhere, then close all instances of IE and see what happens when you try to scan the copy?

Otherwise for a possible hack I would try tracing using ProcMon how the Download Manager gets loaded.

Also, I am aware of a few third-party tools which can be used to remap keys, but I have never used them myself...

Two are mentioned here.   And ironically this shows how difficult it may be to change Ctrl-J.   E.g. I wasn't even able to reassign Ctrl-Alt-J conventionally.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/thread/0e7067e3-692b-479a-9788-19bcab19806d

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, April 12, 2013 4:23 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry, No...

change your scanner software or refer to the publishers website.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Friday, April 12, 2013 12:22 AM
  • got a compy that opens up the Download Manager (Ctrl+J) in IE9 every time I use an attached hand-held scanner.

Can you print what you want to scan, e.g. either to XPS Document Writer or to ClipBoard and paste somewhere, then close all instances of IE and see what happens when you try to scan the copy?

Otherwise for a possible hack I would try tracing using ProcMon how the Download Manager gets loaded.

Also, I am aware of a few third-party tools which can be used to remap keys, but I have never used them myself...

Two are mentioned here.   And ironically this shows how difficult it may be to change Ctrl-J.   E.g. I wasn't even able to reassign Ctrl-Alt-J conventionally.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/thread/0e7067e3-692b-479a-9788-19bcab19806d

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, April 12, 2013 4:23 PM
    Answerer