Sharepoint 2010 Document library file disappears RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have an interesting problem. Occurred only today, never seen this before.
    I have a separate document library for weekly reports. Inside this library I have folders in which I have the actual documents. Now the documents are moving on their own to the upper level of this document library folder! 2 of my documents came out from 2 folders to the document library level.
    Has anyone else had these kind of problems? is this just a bug on the  sharepoint Team Site or should I get worried about this?
    I’m able to move the documents back to correct folder (using the Open with Explorer + Cut & Paste) but as soon as I edit those again the location is changed.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:16 PM

All replies

• I have an interesting problem. Occurred only today, never seen this before.
    I have a separate document library for weekly reports. Inside this library I have folders in which I have the actual documents. Now the documents are moving on their own to the upper level of this document library folder! 2 of my documents came out from 2 folders to the document library level.
    Has anyone else had these kind of problems? is this just a bug on the  sharepoint Team Site or should I get worried about this?
    I’m able to move the documents back to correct folder (using the Open with Explorer + Cut & Paste) but as soon as I edit those again the location is changed.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:43 PM
  • Can you provide more details?

Do you have any custom WF's on these libraries? & what is the size of these libraries? What is the site type? etc.

eric

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:47 PM
  • Thanks for your response. we dont have any custom things like WF's/permissions/views ets...everything is Out of the box only documents size is very small in KB's, it is publishing portal.i dont see same issue with other doc.lib, document will move when i checkout and checkin.

Hope this helps you!

Thanks...

Anil

• Edited by ANIL M Wednesday, August 1, 2012 1:13 PM info added
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 1:09 PM
  • I have overcome this issue by deleting and re creating the document library as i have very few documents in it...Now everthing works fine...But i couldnt get any solution for this problem.

Br,

Anil

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:31 PM