0x59701A07 - 0xB on Server Refresh in App-V 5.0 RRS feed

• Question

• 

Hi All

Once again, another weird issue with App-V 5.0 that I can't seem to find the source of the problem

We use App-V 5.0 SP2 HF4 with App-V Server deployment

when I try to Sync the client from the server via PowerShell the sync fails :
    Sync-App-VPublishingServer: There were errors encountered when trying to publish packages from the server.
    Operation attempted: RefreshPublishingServer
    App-V Error Code: 070000000B.

When I go to the event viewer I see many many 14024 events. like for every file in every package, and then
    19002 Event:Return code: 0x59701A07 - 0xb

I can still use App-V from time to time and I couldn't track when this issue appears and there's nothing online about it

it can happen to all users, all workstation and in many different packages

When it happens the Sync stops obviously and doesn't continue to stream the packages so it causes a lot of mess for our help desks.

Global troubleshooting like reseting profiles \ remove all packages \ reinstall client sometime help but nothing in perticular

Any help will be appreciated

Tamir Levy

Monday, June 23, 2014 1:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is there something in the Publishing/Management Server App-V logs?

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Monday, June 23, 2014 2:37 PM
  • Hi Kirk

I do see some errors on the publishing servers but I'm not sure if they're related as the date is different from the times I commit a sync

We use App-V Server 5.0.1224.0, App-V Client 5.0.4001.0

The errors I see areon the publishing server are as followed:

The request URL doesn't contain the query string for the client OS.

The request URL doesn't contain the query string for the client version.

Tamir Levy

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:16 AM
  • Hello,

Enable the additional debug logs and verify if anything can be seen there that would indicate where the issue is;

http://www.tmurgent.com/TMBlog/?p=1247

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Sunday, June 29, 2014 8:03 PM
  • Hi Nicke

thanks for the idea

I ended up reseting the user's profile and the problem disappeared,

I did it about a month ago but the problem comes back once in a while...

and it's hard to follow and reset users profiles very often. we're talking about hundrends

I will try to use the debug mode the next time I'll see it hoping it will help me to catch where does my problem come from

it will probably be within the next week

Tamir Levy

Monday, June 30, 2014 1:00 PM
  • Hi again

I'm opening the question again because I see the problem gets back very often and I managed to reproduce the problem

• I publish a single package to my pooled VDI machine
    • I open the package and make a single change
    • I logoff and logon again and the Sync fails with the error 0x59701A07 - 0xB in the event viewer

a few more details:

we use folder redirection for %APPDATA%
    we use Citrix UPM in order to sync %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\App-V\Client\VFS
    the change I make in the package adds a file to the
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\App-V\Client\VFS\PackageGUID\APP_ROOTS

when I logoff and logon again the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\App-V\Client\VFS syncs back to the user profile from our storage.

after I did many checks and debug tools I noticed that if I delete the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\App-V\Client\VFS\PackageGUID\APP_ROOTS folder - the sync ends successfully!
    when I compare - the bad APP_ROOTS folder and the good APP_ROOTS folder are the same.
    from my understanding, I must sync this folder otherwise the user settings don't migrate after logoff...

please help

thanks

Tamir Levy

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 12:04 PM
  • Hello,

Did you ever resolve this issue?  We are having the same issue. I cannot even get the client to show anything when a regular user logs in.  We are using Citrix and PVS with 2008 R2 for desktops.

If I log-in as an admin, it is working fine. As a regular user without admin priv, it is not. Seeing:

Publishing Refresh stopped.
     URL: HTTP://appv-server:8081
     Global: false
     Return code: 0x59701907 - 0xB

Could you share your client configuration settings with me please?

Thank you for any help or info.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:53 PM
  • I know a lot of people cannot roam the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\App-V\Client\VFS\ folders due to the permissions of the folders. 
    I have seen the App-V Error Code: 070000000B when trying to do this.  The App-V client chokes if the folders weren't created by itself or if the permissions were changed.  How it knows I don't know, but for troubleshooting can you exclude those folders to see if you still have errors?

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 3:35 PM
  • Hi aWanderer

do you use Citrix UPM?

make sure the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\App-V is exclude from the policy.

another thing, as agalucci mentioned. do you use folder redirection?

try to see if the user has write access to the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\App-V folder.

we got this error and when we deleted that folder completely (Without even logging-off) - the refresh action completed successfully

it was probably because we migrated our profiles from one storage to another and didn't copy the permissions as we should.

Tamir Levy

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 7:26 PM