Keyboard does not work after update RRS feed

• Question

• Been using windows 8 for about 6 months. I had to reinstall the OS tonight after a hard disk failure. Windows 8 installed normally. I ran widows update, installed updates and reboot the computer. Updates installed correctly, but my keyboard does not work now. Mouse does work. I'm essentially locked out of windows 8, because I have no way of typing in my password. Both mouse and keyboard are wired USB. I have tried moving to different USB slots. Doesn't work. Rebooting the computer without the keyboard plugged in and then plugging the keyboard back in after windows loads. Doesn't work. I tried plugging my USB keyboard into a ps-2 adaptor. Nothing works. The keyboard works just fine in the bios and before the update. Suggestions?
    Friday, May 3, 2013 7:38 AM

Answers

• Just after vanilla plain installation you should install chipset driver (followed by audio,video and lan drivers.)

Some optional drivers may cause the problem. For devices use drivers from vendor download web.

Regards

Milos

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:25 AM
    Friday, May 3, 2013 2:19 PM
  • Mouse does work.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard?  (In the Accessibility menu.)
    Friday, May 3, 2013 8:43 PM

All replies

• Just after vanilla plain installation you should install chipset driver (followed by audio,video and lan drivers.)

Some optional drivers may cause the problem. For devices use drivers from vendor download web.

Regards

Milos

Friday, May 3, 2013 2:19 PM
  • Mouse does work.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard?  (In the Accessibility menu.)
    Friday, May 3, 2013 8:43 PM