Need ultimate inventory report RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody

I like how MAPT is able to discover all the hardware and software in my enviorments and collect its information. But i can't say im pleased with the way it presents the information back to me. I'm in the lookout for a excel report that presents me more information than the Hardware inventory report in MAPT 7.0 today. 

I think it's sad that i don't show me information like.

• Server roles
    • Antivirus
    • Installed application

In the same excel report / grid or let me customize my own reports to collect the information i need.

The SQL database contains all this information, so i tried to fool around with it to try and get out that information in the excel reports but failed to export it. I have little to no experience with SQL Queries.

So if anybody have any tips, queries, scrips or other solutions it would be greatly appreciated!

Kinds regards
    Karl Jørgen Weme
    MCP

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 1:37 PM

All replies

• Reports can be generated by going to File > Prepare New Reports and Proposals. Server roles are in the Server 2008 R2 report, Anti-virus in the security report, and you can get a detailed list of applications installed by following the directions in this blog post: http://blogs.technet.com/b/mapblog/archive/2012/07/09/planning-for-desktop-virtualization-with-the-map-toolkit-7-0-4-of-4.aspx

You can also write and run your own custom queries if the included reports aren't sufficient. There are many resources on the web to help with writing SQL queries.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, August 6, 2012 6:15 PM