cluster to server storage replica RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

is it possible to set replication between a cluster ( with shared storage , not s2d) to a single server?

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

We can deploy storage replication in a stretch cluster, between cluster-to-cluster, and in server-to-server configurations, you can refer to the following official website documents.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/storage-replica/storage-replica-overview

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/storage-replica/server-to-server-storage-replication

I hope this information can help you, if you have any question, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:45 AM
  • I'm asking about a deployment in which i have a cluster , and i want to replicate for the cluster to a single server.

from your answer i understand that's not possible ?

• Edited by gilt111 Wednesday, November 14, 2018 8:21 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2018 8:07 AM
  • Hi gilt111,

Thanks for your reply!

Based on your situation, maybe you can create a single node cluster, so that you can replicate for the cluster to a single server.

Hope it can help you, if you have any question, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Daniel

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 9:08 AM
  • thanks!

one more thing:

as for the storage in the single server. can i use storage spaces ( not s2d , storage spaces for a single server) to create the volume that will be used for storage replica?

i asking because as far as i know using a disk that was created by a hardware RAID is not possible.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 1:11 PM
  • Hi gilt111,

Thanks for your reply!

For your question, you wanted know whether can we use storage spaces to create the volume that the volume will be used for storage replica, i did the test in my environment, i think we can do that.

if you have any other question, please feel free to let me know!

I hope this information will help you! wish you have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Daniel 

Thursday, November 15, 2018 3:12 AM
  • Hi gilt111,

This is Daniel, wish you all the best!

May I know the current status of the problem? if you have any question, please ley me know.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Monday, November 19, 2018 1:47 AM
  • Hi gilt111,

Good day!

I just wanted to confirm whether my reply in helpful to you, if you have any question, please let me know.

if my reply has been resolved your problem, please marked as an answer at your convenience, I appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks for your time!

Best Regards,

Daniel

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 1:43 AM