none
SCOM 2012 Beta Windows Azure Application Monitoring Management Pack - Run as Profile Password Problem

Question

• I'm attempting to use the System Center Operations Manager 2012 Beta Azure App Monitoring MP. I haven't used SCOM 2007 or earlier and am a total SCOM newbie. I imported the MP, created a Binary RunAs account with the Management Certificate's *.pfx file for my hosted application. Importing created Windows Azure Run as Profile Blob, Password and Proxy profiles.

I created a Binary Run As Account with a Domain User account and associated it to the Profile Blob and Password profiles. When using the Add Monitoring Wizard to complete the pack, I found the RunAsAccount I created available as the sole choice in the Wizard's Azure Certificat Run As Account list as expected. However the Azure Certificate Password Run As Account had Data Warehouse SQL Server and Reporting Services SQL Azure Authentication Account choices but not my Binary Run As Account.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance,

--rj

Microsoft Access 2010 In Depth (QUE Publishing)
    OakLeaf Blog
    Access 2010 Blog
    Amazon Author Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:01 PM

Answers

• Hello Roger,

I worked through your scenario above in my environment and experienced the same behavior until I discovered the following article:

Security Considerations

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg276368.aspx

This article discusses a "Windows Azure Run As Profile Password" account which must be configured. This account uses Basic Authentication. Once you have created this account it will appear in the drop-down list accordingly along with the other Basic Authentication Accounts.

Please let me know if this helps answer your question.

Regards,

Nicholas_Dodge

• Marked as answer by Roger Jennings Sunday, September 4, 2011 7:06 PM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:20 PM

All replies