Skype for business 2015 Edge server RRS feed

• Question

• I recently installed Skype for business 2015. Internally everything is working great. But now i need users to be able to access the Skype server when they are not in the home network.

I have created an edge server. Opened up all the ports on the firewall (At least I think I have the correct ports opened)

I have read multiple documents about using a reverse proxy.

When I try and connect remotely, I either get a DNS error, or it just wont connect.

A few times, on my cell phone, I would get a certificate message, I would accept it, then it would just sit there and keep loading.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 2:04 PM

All replies

• https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/praj/2016/10/14/skype-for-business-client-sign-in-call-flow-detailed/

DNS records without word "Internal" would help you sign in Externally

Lyncdiscover would route your request via reverse proxy and rest would send it to Edge server so you might want to check where are you pointing which DNS records 

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 8:48 PM
  • Hi NetadminCentralsemi,

Did you deploy Reverse Proxy in your environment?

If you want to login SFB client in the mobile, you must deploy Reverse Proxy in your environment. According to your description, you get the DNS error, I suggest you could try to check the internal and external DNS records in your environment as below:

In addition, please also check the certificate in the Reverse Proxy as below:

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Thursday, February 28, 2019 6:04 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 6:38 AM
  • Hi NetadminCentralsemi,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 1, 2019 8:24 AM