Resume perfomance metric after computer restart RRS feed

• Question

• I run Perfomance Metrics Wizard for 2 weeks. Diring this time some of servers were restarted. How can I discover which server was restarted during the job with MAP 4? Is there any chance to collect performance counters from restarted computers without restarting job?
    MSTS
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:44 AM

Answers

•  

When you collection has completed you will have a report that will show how many times each connection to each machine was made and how many times it failed, while this won’t show “restarting” you might be able to defer a bit from this which machines went down.

Depending on how long the machines went down and how long your run is collecting you may not need to restart your collection at all.  If you do end up needing to restart the collection, if you use the same database, you will be presented with a “Do you wish to append data to your previous run?” dialog.

Let me know if this answers your questions or if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Eric

• Marked as answer by egoncharov Monday, February 1, 2010 10:47 AM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:41 PM

All replies

•  

When you collection has completed you will have a report that will show how many times each connection to each machine was made and how many times it failed, while this won’t show “restarting” you might be able to defer a bit from this which machines went down.

Depending on how long the machines went down and how long your run is collecting you may not need to restart your collection at all.  If you do end up needing to restart the collection, if you use the same database, you will be presented with a “Do you wish to append data to your previous run?” dialog.

Let me know if this answers your questions or if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Eric

• Marked as answer by egoncharov Monday, February 1, 2010 10:47 AM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:41 PM
  • Thanks for the answer! It helped me to much!
    MSTS
    Monday, February 1, 2010 10:47 AM