Error during site restore: "The given key was not present in the dictionary." RRS feed

• Question

• While restoring a site with a .cmp file I got the following error:  "Error occurred while importaing the web "SITE_URL".  The given key was not present in the dictionary."

Can anyone tell me what that means please?  I took a look around the restored site and it seems to be okay.  I can't help but worry about the ramifications of that error down the line.  Wondering if I should delete the site and try again.

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you're are trying to accomplish.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:26 PM at least try to find the correct forum for your post. General usually is NOT the correct forum. (Yet that's were you are sending them all to) (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:56 PM

All replies

• Hi run4it,

Maybe you can solve this issue by following these steps:

1.       Open up "Active Directory Users and Computer"

2.       Select "Advanced features" from the "View" menu

3.       Right-click the relevant account and select "Properties"

4.       Select the "Securities" Tab

5.       Scroll down and select "Authenticated users" in the "Group or user names:" field

6.       Allow "Read" permissions in the "Permissions for Account Operators" field just below

7.       Hit Ok

Thanks & Regards,

Peng Lei

Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:27 AM
  • This could be because of any of the below reasons:
    - Because of some corrupt security setting on a document library
    - Permission level is not created in the target environment
    - Custom field used in the document lib/list is not installed in the target environment

Also check with http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2022888 

Thanks,

Raj

Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:22 AM
  • Peng Lei - I don't know where you are referring to go make this change.  Also, I am reluctant to make setting changes without and understanding of what I'm changing.  Please clarify.
    There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you're are trying to accomplish.
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:33 PM
  • Raj, thank you for responding. 

- I am not sure how to investigate if anything is wrong with the security settings on my document libraries. They look correct.

- The target environment is empty with just Full Control provided to me (the collection administrator) until I import the .cmp file. There are no permissions set up yet, or any custom fields.

- I read the KB article and am wondering if this could be the issue.  There is a look up column (and associated list that it pulls from) in my site I'm restoring.  Is it possible that the library portion of the site being restored is being restored before the list used in its lookup column is restored?  How does a restore know what "order" to restore things in?  The odd thing is that I practiced restoring this .cmp file on a test site on my development server and did not get this error.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:51 PM