none
How to shortening FQDN address? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a domain with mba.test.local name and if we want to open an internal website for example portal.mba.test.local we should enter the whole FQDN of that host that is too long. How can I shorten that FQDN? 

Thanks

Sunday, April 7, 2019 8:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your question. 

Unfortunately, shorten FQDN address is not a good idea.

If the whole FQDN is too long, you can  create a shortcut or add it to favorite. 

You can also use IP address to access your internal website.

Best  Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 8, 2019 2:26 AM

All replies

• Can someone answer my question, please?
    Sunday, April 7, 2019 9:44 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your question. 

Unfortunately, shorten FQDN address is not a good idea.

If the whole FQDN is too long, you can  create a shortcut or add it to favorite. 

You can also use IP address to access your internal website.

Best  Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 8, 2019 2:26 AM
  • Hi Eric,

You're right, I think I haven't any good options except what you said.

Best Regards

Monday, April 8, 2019 7:21 AM
  • Hi,

I am pleased to know that the information is helpful to you. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Eric Gu

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:12 AM