Error- Sharepoint 2007 INSTALL cannot connect to configuration DB (sharepoint crash & after password change) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts-

I'm a beginner to share-point & I'm trying to recover share-point which crashed recently.

1. The app server crashed & I am in the process of re-installing share point by running SPTC.
    2. The database credentials have been changed & I do have the new password.
    3. When I try to connect to existing farm the installation fails with system code 997.
    4. I did look into https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/927156 but my PRIMARY goal is to get to the old share point files.

I am not sure if I recreate config db if I could still get into content db information as the service account credentials have been reset. 

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks In Advance.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 5:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As per my understanding you are getting error while creating new configdb and you want your site data to be available.

Correct me if i am getting it wrong?

You can create new configDB for SharePoint 2007 for successfully configuration.

After which you can create new web applications and attach the old site content DB to the web application. In this way you will have your old file in the new SharePoint setup.

Hope this helps :)

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:41 AM