none
Project Server 2010 to 2013 Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have followed all of the whitepapers to do this upgrade, when i finally am finished and I try to access my Project Server site, I get a very strange error which I cannot locate anywhere on the Internet:

Error

An error occurred during the compilation of the requested file, or one of its dependencies. 'Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.IDS' does not contain a definition for 'LICENSE_COPYRIGHT_TEXT'

How would I go about trying to begin to figure out what the problem is?

Thank you!

Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:09 PM

All replies

• Try running SharePoint Configuration wizard

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:37 PM
  • Well, I reverted everything before I got a reply here.

I am running Test-SPContentDatabase and getting an Error:

Assembly [Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration,
    Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91] is referenced in the
    database [SP_DAPM_WSS_Content], but is not installed on the
    current farm. Please install any feature/solution which
    contains this assembly.

SQL 2012 Reporting for SharePoint has already been installed on my SQL cluster....why is this error coming up?

Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:07 PM
  • Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration, Version=10.0.0.0 is referring to AMO component of SQL server 2008

Project Server was designed to work with SQL Server 2008, I agree now 2012 is also supported but to make things work properly you need to still install SQL server 2008 version of AMO component. Using following link install necessary component

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/7/B/F7B7A246-6B35-40E9-8509-72D2F8D63B80/SQLSERVER2008_ASAMO10_amd64.msi

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:20 PM
  • Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration, Version=10.0.0.0 is referring to AMO component of SQL server 2008

Project Server was designed to work with SQL Server 2008, I agree now 2012 is also supported but to make things work properly you need to still install SQL server 2008 version of AMO component. Using following link install necessary component

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/7/B/F7B7A246-6B35-40E9-8509-72D2F8D63B80/SQLSERVER2008_ASAMO10_amd64.msi

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Hrishi,

I went ahead and installed this on all of my SQL Servers and then ran the Test-SPContentDatabase cmdlet again but it is still coming back with the same error.

Do SQL services need to be restarted to put this in effect? or?
    • Edited by mistajokka Friday, December 7, 2012 1:16 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 1:11 AM
  • Nobody?
    Friday, December 7, 2012 2:24 PM
  • You may need to run IISReset or (gasp) restart your servers after installing
    the SQL bits to enable the OLAP cube build.  At least, I always restart my
    DEV servers.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Saturday, December 8, 2012 1:00 AM
  • A reply! Thank you!

I am curious now..would these be installed on the SQL servers or the SharePoint app servers?

Regardless...I have done installations on them all, iisreset a bunch of times....nothing

What exactly does this cmdlet check anyway? I do not see much support for it....I definitely have not found anyone else on the web experiencing the same issues..

It is not an upgrade stopping error, but regardless, I want zero errors when finally completing this migration without any error...I tried upgrading anyway and ignoring this error, but it resulted in me seeing some strange error when I try to access the site after mounting the database...which...to no surprise, was nowhere to be found on the net....(I guess because SP 2013 is so new??)

What I have also tried is installing the ADOMD components for 2008 R2 onto my SP 2013 app servers and resetting IIS, then trying that database check cmdlet, same issue...

Whats up with this missing Analysis Services assemblies issue??

Saturday, December 8, 2012 2:01 AM
  • Maybe start in a test environment and try there.  The only reason you would see the analysis services error would be if you were trying to build an OLAP cube - which it sounds like you're not.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Saturday, December 8, 2012 2:06 AM
  • Well its reading something from inside the 2010 database thats causing that error to throw..

I have checked the \windows\assembly directories on both 2010 and 2013 SP app servers and I see Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration assemblies on the 2010 box but they aren't in the folder on the 2013 box....

I wish a Microsoft pro could chime in with some insight as to if those assemblies I am seeing on the 2010 box have been deprecated for 2013...because thats the only thing I have to go off of right now...

Saturday, December 8, 2012 2:20 AM
  • Hi Michael,

If you see errors related to missing PowerPivot .dlls, the spPowerPivot.msi has not been installed or the PowerPivot Configuration Tool has not been used to configure PowerPivot. Also, you need to be running SQL Server 2012 SP1

Reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj218793.aspx

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.

Monday, December 10, 2012 12:13 AM
  • Michael,

Is this SP_DAPM_WSS_Content database has been used to provision PWA site in 2010?

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Monday, December 10, 2012 11:46 PM
  • Michael,

Is this SP_DAPM_WSS_Content database has been used to provision PWA site in 2010?

Blog | < | LinkedIn

I used the Codeplex tool to remove the PowerPivotSite and proceeded without that error coming up, but now I have bigger problems, please see my thread at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/hu-HU/projserv2010setup/thread/dd4d2560-2b7f-4aad-bd05-c2919e4c1307

Thanks Hrishi!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:24 AM