none
Keyboard not functioning due to language-setting changes in Windows XP???? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows XP.

Today I changed the regional settings in my Windows XP so I could write with Icelandic letters and could just switch between English and Icelandic settings by "Left Alt"+"Shift", like I do at my home computer. No big deal, or so I thought.

The electricity went off and when I rebooted my computer the keyboard does not work. It is a wireless keyboard and the wireless mouse works fine so there is nothing wrong with the connection to the computer. If I go into the Dell Setup with F2 when the computer is starting up my keyboard works fine, so I figure that there is nothing wrong with my keyboard (I have even tried another one).

The problem is that Windows does not recognize any keyboard, if this is related to the language changing settings earlier today I am not sure but that is the only thing that I can think of.

Please let me know if you have any answers for me of how to fix this problem since I can't enter windows at all (since the ctrl+alt+del keys don't work either).

Thank you very much.
    Fridrik

P.s. I have no idea in what forum I am supposed to put this
    Monday, July 27, 2009 10:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Fridrik, thanks for the post. After checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows XP issue. As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/windowsxpitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:48 AM