Software Distribution & Patching RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am starting in discussion to deep root on Software Distribution & Patching model in large environments from SCCM 2007 migrating to SCCM 2012.

Below are certain assertions i am putting forward for your expert views or you may in a similar situation

1- I have migrated the packages from SCCM 2007 to SCCM 2012 as conventional methods, now i am deploying them [ not migrated the advertisements and collections ], so while deploying i am facing a peculiar situation that the deployment when created is of the name "<<Package name>>(program)". I am not able to rename the deployment for the conventional packages. is there a way out to that??

2- Will the collection queries work the same in SCCM 2012 as was in SCCM 2007??

3- In SCCM 2012 Primary site there is default role called Site System role in that there is tab for proxy settings. I have observed that if do not check the proxy tab there and punch in proxy IP and port then after some time in the WSUS server the update source and proxy server tab the proxy option gets unchecked and hence the sync in software update point status appears failed. Is that anyone else also has observed !!!!!

Regards Sushain KApoor

Friday, December 5, 2014 7:22 AM

Answers

• 1. In SCCM 2012, you can NOT rename the programs.. The only thing you can do it recreate it using the new name

2. Most of the collection queries will work but NOT all of them. Same thing with WebReports..

3. Sorry but I cant help with the proxy question.. We don't use a proxy.

• Edited by Lavelle Evans Friday, December 5, 2014 7:29 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Lavelle Evans Friday, December 5, 2014 7:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Monday, December 15, 2014 5:17 AM
    Friday, December 5, 2014 7:28 AM