SCSM 2016 - Error importing custom MP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using SCSM 2016 7.5.7487.0

1 server MS, 1 server database, 1 server data warehouse.

All of the templates ("Library" workspace) are saved at a custom MP. This MP was exported, modified, and I get the following error when importing:

For testing purposes, I created an empty custom MP, exported, edited (description text) and imported with no errors. Additionally I deleted the empty custom MP, and imported using the exported file with no errors.

I need to import the first mentioned custom MP successfully.

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, January 11, 2018 4:02 PM

Answers

• What you modified in the custom mp? If it worked before modification and is not working after export/modification maybe the issue is related to the modification. Die you have a backup of the unmodified export? Import is working with the unmodified mp?

Andreas Baumgarten

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Friday, January 26, 2018 11:06 PM
    Friday, January 12, 2018 10:39 PM
  • Hello,

Do you mean that you modified the default sealed management pack "Service manager Library Management pack"?

As far as I know, you can not edit sealed packages and import-back, since it already exists in the system. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:41 AM

All replies

• What you modified in the custom mp? If it worked before modification and is not working after export/modification maybe the issue is related to the modification. Die you have a backup of the unmodified export? Import is working with the unmodified mp?

Andreas Baumgarten

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Friday, January 26, 2018 11:06 PM
    Friday, January 12, 2018 10:39 PM
  • Hello,

Do you mean that you modified the default sealed management pack "Service manager Library Management pack"?

As far as I know, you can not edit sealed packages and import-back, since it already exists in the system. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:41 AM