missing MSVCR80.dll isn't RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting this error when I try to start Outlook 2007 on my new Windows 7 computer.  My Office 2007 applications work fine.  I have removed and reinstalled Outlook 2007 twice but I still get the same error message.

"The program can't start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer."

I checked the C:\ and it is NOT missing.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 8:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, I find the following information:

MSVCR80.dll Missing Messages

Cause

These error messages are common with software installed by original equipment manufacturers and are caused by an add-in. The add-in puts an Outlook.exe manifest file in the Outlook.exe installation folder, which overwrites the Outlook executable and causes the installer for the add-in to run.

Resolution

You should contact the manufacturer of your equipment for resolution of this issue. You may be required to re-install Office Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2003 to resolve this issue.

Resource:

Troubleshooting Microsoft Outlook Start Up Issues

As the issue is mainly related to Outlook, I recommend you to post in Microsoft Outlook forums for a better assistance.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Friday, September 17, 2010 2:26 AM
    Monday, September 13, 2010 9:41 AM