Full Access Permissions to other mailboxes in Exchange Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

it doesn't appear that this question has been explicitly asked or not, and it may be obvious but I can't figure out how I would go about granting a user "full access permission" to another users mailbox in Exchange online like in on-premise exchange to access their email.

Following from that then, how would they be able to send email as i.e. "Send As" another user?

Is it possible to do in Exchange Online?

Thanks
    Knoa IT
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 12:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, you would just need to use the Add-MSOnlineMailPermission commandlet that is available with the Migration Tools.

http://www.microsoft.com/online/help/en-us/bpos/html/f83a224b-53c5-48b4-8e72-327571c4555e.htm

Chad

Chad Mosman, MessageOps | www.MessageOps.com
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 2:11 AM
  • I asked a similar question and got this detailed response from support ( I wanted to grant Send As Permissions for Distribution Lists). Hope it helps.

Concerning your service request ######-###### regarding setting Send As Permissions.

For a complete list of commands available with the Migration Tools:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee662271.aspx

How to use them is the last half of this document (Migrate to Microsoft Online.doc):
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=25350815-5c57-441a-b7fb-329ff5fe14b3

Where to obtain the Migration Tools to gain access to the Script-lets (cmdlets)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/results.aspx?freetext=exchange+online+migration&displaylang=en&stype=s_basic

**Now the important part, granting a user Full Access to an account:

Click on Start, All Programs, Microsoft Online Services, Migration, and click on Migration Command Shell.
    At the PowerShell prompt, type the following:

(The user specified for the trusted user parameter will be given full mailbox access to the mailbox specified for the identity parameter.)

Add-MSOnlineMailPermission -Identity john.doe@contoso.com -TrustedUser jane.doe@contoso.com -GrantFullAccess $True

***To grant full mailbox access for a *list of users, perform the following.

Create a CSV file called "users.csv". The CSV must have two column headers titled as "Identity" and "TrustedUser". The user specified in the trusted user column will be given full mailbox access to the mailbox specified in the identity column.
    Open Notepad, copy and paste the PowerShell script code below into Notepad.
    Save the file as AddMSOnlineMailPermission.ps1.
    Click on Start, All Programs, Microsoft Online Services, Migration, and click on Migration Command Shell.
    At the PowerShell prompt, navigate to the folder containing the script, type .\AddMSOnlineMailPermission.ps1, and press Enter.
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:43 PM
  • Thanks T2Mac. I'm sure the detailed response will come in handy when we need to do this for multiple users. 

BTW, it says above "copy and paste the PowerShell script code below into Notepad"...but I don't see any Powershell Code ...it's just the instructions of saving the code and running the script. Sorry I'm not that familiar with powershell so if you could paste the code for that, that'll be very useful. 

Thanks
    Knoa IT
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:13 PM
  • Sorry about that, don't know how I missed this part of the email.

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$users = Import-Csv -Path "users.csv"
    If (!$tcred) {$tcred = Get-Credential "MSOL Admin Cred"}
    $users | ForEach-Object {
    $Identity = $_.Identity
    $TrustedUser = $_.TrustedUser
    Add-MSOnlineMailPermission -Identity $Identity -TrustedUser $TrustedUser -GrantFullAccess $True -Credential $tcred -Verbose
    }
    #----------------------END OF SCRIPT

Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:47 PM