How to create dashboard for a publishing portal site? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I created a site from publishing portal site collection, and I want to create a dashboard on this site.. What I need to know is how to do it,
    I activated SharePoint Server Enterprise Site Collection features from site collection features, and PerformancePoint Services Site Features from
    site features but I don't know how to find dashboard designer on this site collection, so please if any one can help me to know the steps to create
    this dashboard i will be so grateful to him.. thank you...

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:26 AM NEVER try to attract attention to your posts with more than one ? Repeat and risk posts being deleted
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:27 AM Perfromance Point Services is not part of MOSS 2007 (From:SharePoint - Enterprise Content Management (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:48 AM

Answers

• After you activate the Enterprise and PerformancePoint Collection features and have enabled the PerformancePoint Site feature you should see three new items that you can add - Dashboards Library, DataConnections Library for PerformancePoint, and PerformancePoint Content List.  The last two are where you will create your items with Dashboard Designer and then deploy to the Dashboards Library.  Once you have these items setup you will be able to launch Dashboard Designer when you want to add a new document to the data connections library or when you add a new item to the content list.

If you go to add a new item in the list and when you select the type that you want to add and Dashboard Designer does not launch you may need to make a small modification to your IE settings - If nothing launches then you need to make a small adjustment in your IE security settings to Enable ‘Automatic prompting for file downloads’.  Once you get Dashboard Designer installed you will get an option in your start menu added - Start->All Programs->SharePoint->PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer.

Some additional references that you can check out are the following:

Getting acquainted with PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer

How to manually install PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by Jouri003 Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:31 PM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:21 AM

All replies

• After you activate the Enterprise and PerformancePoint Collection features and have enabled the PerformancePoint Site feature you should see three new items that you can add - Dashboards Library, DataConnections Library for PerformancePoint, and PerformancePoint Content List.  The last two are where you will create your items with Dashboard Designer and then deploy to the Dashboards Library.  Once you have these items setup you will be able to launch Dashboard Designer when you want to add a new document to the data connections library or when you add a new item to the content list.

If you go to add a new item in the list and when you select the type that you want to add and Dashboard Designer does not launch you may need to make a small modification to your IE settings - If nothing launches then you need to make a small adjustment in your IE security settings to Enable ‘Automatic prompting for file downloads’.  Once you get Dashboard Designer installed you will get an option in your start menu added - Start->All Programs->SharePoint->PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer.

Some additional references that you can check out are the following:

Getting acquainted with PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer

How to manually install PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by Jouri003 Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:31 PM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:21 AM
  • Thank you very much, your answer really saved my life :)
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:32 PM