BattlEye will not install Windows 10 Steam RRS feed

• Question

• I have been working this issue for several weeks with no success.

I am a Steam user, and my Battleye anti-cheat software will not function. The software needs to install a service on my PC, and for some reason it hangs and never accomplishes its task.

I have followed the advice and the FAQ from Battleye, Steam, Bohemia Interactive and any other sources I can find. No joy. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Steam and all the Battleye folders and software, everything has been tried in compatibility mode, and everything is running with Admin privileges.

I just tonight finished a repair installation on my Windows 10 OS, it's all completely up to date and I have the same exact issue. I have gotten some meager support from Battleye and they have run out of options, they say it's just something on my PC blocking it, but what? I've temporarily shut down my ESET antivirus and Windows Defender and it makes no difference.

What happens is when the BE installer launches, I get a consent window, and then the EULA comes up for review. As soon as I click on the Agree button on the EULA, another installation consent window opens. A few seconds later an install window opens with an initialization message, but nothing happens after that.

I notice something similar when I try to run an Adobe Flash update, I run the installer and click OK, and it says there is an installer already running. Strange, but in both cases it's like an installer is starting twice, which certainly might cause some issues.

I'm hopeful someone can help find a solution to this, it's driving me bonkers.

Thanks!

Thursday, May 11, 2017 3:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think you have done enough, on Windows side, what I can think of are same as you.

I search on steamcommunity and find out many similar cases, the most effective is delete player profile, but this not a prefect method

Look at this post.

BattlEye Service installation failed

https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/1/618463446162281489/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 12, 2017 6:08 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:57 AM