Dell MP where are the rules? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have installed the Dell Management Pack 4.1:

But I could not find the rules to be enabled http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/smconect/msscom/41/en/UG/ServerMPUG.pdf???

3 To enable server module and chassis slot summary discovery for CMC,
    enable the Dell CMC Slot Discovery rule. It is disabled by default.
    4 To enable server module and free slot discovery for DRAC/MC, enable the
    Dell DRAC/MC Slot Discovery rule.

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

Thursday, February 7, 2013 10:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In the Console, Authoring, Rules. Click Find and search for Discovery. If you still can't find it, I would contact Dell support.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, February 11, 2013 6:56 AM
  • Authoring -> Object Discoveries:

Get-SCOMDiscovery -name "Dell.*slot*" | select name,displayname,Enabled

Name                                                           DisplayName                            Enabled
    ----                                                               -----------                                   -------
    Dell.CMCSlot.Discovery                                Dell CMC Slot Discovery             false
    Dell.DRACMCSlot.Discovery                          Dell DRAC/MC Slot Discovery     false

Monday, February 11, 2013 11:10 AM
  • Hello,

I could not find the Get-SCOMDiscovery command

Is it a customized command?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:10 PM
  • But I have the Object Discoveries correct

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:13 PM
  • Hi,

In the Console, Authoring, Rules. Click Find and search for Discovery. If you still can't find it, I would contact Dell support.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Hello,

Nothing under:

In the Console, Authoring, Rules. Click Find and search for Discovery

or

In the Console, Authoring, Monitors. Click Find and search for Discovery

Thanks,

Dom

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:26 PM
  • But still nothing under the Rules:

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:34 PM
  • Nothing under Monitors either...

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:38 PM
  • But I have the Object Discoveries correct

So you have found the discoveries and enabled them? Can you see your slot information then? I think there is no specific monitors or rules related to CMC Slots, it's just a summary view. You get CMC alerts from the CMC state monitors, including slot errors. Maybe Dell can provide more detailed information of the Dell MP philosophy.

You can get SCOM 2012 CMDLets to your powershell like this:

$ScomServer = 'your-SCOM-MS-FQDN'
    Import-Module OperationsManager
    New-SCOMManagementGroupConnection -ComputerName $ScomServer -Credential (Get-Credential DOMAIN\account)

• Edited by Satak Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:59 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:57 AM
  • Hello,

Yes the discoveries are enabled.

"Can you see your slot information then?" Not sure where to look but in the various views I don't see anything for the slots...

I will see if I am getting any alert.

I am still in SCOM 2007...

Thanks,

DOm

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:41 PM
  • Not sure where to look but in the various views I don't see anything for the slots...

Monitoring pane -> Dell -> State Views -> CMC -> Dell CMC Slot -> And you see slot information under Detail View. Of course you need to enable CMC monitoring and set run as accounts etc.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:16 AM