Win10 icon has not appeared but KB3035583 is installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can you please explain what I need to do to get the Win10 icon for reserving the new upgrade?

I have run all updates successfully and I have the KB3035583 installed however no notification on the reboot. I have also run a troubleshooting which is recommended from Microsoft and it returning a message that Application eligibility is not up to date and it is detecting that the KB3035583 has not run even though the package is installed.

I have read that I'm not the only one who has this problem and would appreciate if someone can help.

Thank you.

Thursday, August 20, 2015 8:56 PM

Answers

• The media creation tool can be used to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Friday, August 21, 2015 12:07 AM
  • Hi janaB19,

The main issue is upgrading to Windows 10, right?

We could try to upgrade with the ISO installation media as S.Sengupta suggested. Please ensure you have downloaded the right version and choose the "Upgrade" option when we choose the install type. We could skip the product key UI .

Before we tried to do the upgrade, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates and run "sfc /scannow" (Win 7) or "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" (Win 8\8.1) to check the health of system files, unplug all the external devices during the upgrade process.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 21, 2015 6:39 AM

All replies

• The media creation tool can be used to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Friday, August 21, 2015 12:07 AM
  • Hi janaB19,

The main issue is upgrading to Windows 10, right?

We could try to upgrade with the ISO installation media as S.Sengupta suggested. Please ensure you have downloaded the right version and choose the "Upgrade" option when we choose the install type. We could skip the product key UI .

Before we tried to do the upgrade, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates and run "sfc /scannow" (Win 7) or "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" (Win 8\8.1) to check the health of system files, unplug all the external devices during the upgrade process.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 21, 2015 6:39 AM