Can we make SharePoint Survey on Internet based Portal? RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

I heard that we cannot publish the SharePoint Portal Survey on Internet Based Portal in 2010.

What about MOSS 2007?

Is this true?

Thursday, November 17, 2011 8:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Where did you hear this from? Are you talking about visit survey list after extend a web application to Internet?

I'm not sure about this cause I did not try this before, but I think it's just a list, this can be achieved if users have the proper permissions.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Friday, November 25, 2011 3:07 AM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 10:18 AM
  • Your license limitation would actually be exposing SharePoint, and in turn, SQL to the internet...  From what I understand, there is nothing specific with the Survey option.

We have an exposed SharePoint 2010 farm, but used an outside service for our surveys due to the limitations within the Survey Tool. Our business wanted something much more customizable for the survey system...

Saturday, November 19, 2011 5:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Where did you hear this from? Are you talking about visit survey list after extend a web application to Internet?

I'm not sure about this cause I did not try this before, but I think it's just a list, this can be achieved if users have the proper permissions.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

Friday, November 18, 2011 10:18 AM
  • Your license limitation would actually be exposing SharePoint, and in turn, SQL to the internet...  From what I understand, there is nothing specific with the Survey option.

We have an exposed SharePoint 2010 farm, but used an outside service for our surveys due to the limitations within the Survey Tool. Our business wanted something much more customizable for the survey system...

Saturday, November 19, 2011 5:01 PM
  • HI,

This is possible in MOSS 2007and also in SPS 2010.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Saturday, November 19, 2011 9:53 PM