none
Partial DocID # query fails to render search result with FAST RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have two environments, SP 2010 SP1 with FAST and without FAST. Both environments have the Doc ID feature enabled which is applied to all content. An example of a DocID is "03-06-000097977".

In the environment without FAST and from the library I can query part of the doc id like "97977" and get a positive result. In the environment with FAST if I enter "97977" I get no result found. In order for the search to work with FAST I must enter atleast the last section of the doc id after the last dash "000097977" or the entire ID.

I have also created a managed property to be used as a refiner. The same results occur with the managed property. I have tried many combinations, for example "MyDocID:*97977"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx.

Friday, December 21, 2012 1:24 PM

All replies

• No comments or ideas?

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:12 PM
  • Hi,

You can create an external item processing component which trims the zeroes from the DocID field and writes it back like: 3-6-97977. You might want to have a multi-value mp which contains the original version as the trimmed one. Then your query MyDocID:97977 should work.

FS4SP treat all input as text by default, that's why it won't work oob.

Also, postfix-wildcards (* in front of a term) is not supported using KQL, only using FQL. And with FQL you might quickly run into errors using it due to the wildcard causing a huge expansion of terms.

Thanks,
    Mikael Svenson

Search Enthusiast - SharePoint MVP/MCT/MCPD - If you find an answer useful, please up-vote it.
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Author of Working with FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint

Friday, January 11, 2013 8:22 PM