none
MS Project 2013 not calculating % Complete on summary tasks RRS feed

  • Question

  • My project is selective in calculating % complete on summary tasks.  All my tasks are Auto-calc.  I have no constraint, that I know of.  Under one summary tasks, I have 15 tasks all marked at 100%, but the summary task says it is 67% complete.  No milestone tasks.  Some summary tasks in other portions of the plan are correctly calculating.  But other summary tasks are incorrect.  And I find no difference in how they are set up.  They are all set to roll up and auto-scheduled in the general information for the summary task.  I have used MS Project for years but there are things that happen with 2013 that make no sense.  Please advise!

    

    Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:41 PM

All replies

  • DrHuff,

    Project uses the following formula to caculate percent complete for summary tasks:

    Summary % Complete = (sum of all subtask actual durations)/(sum of all subtask durations) * 100%

    I'd display the Actual Duration field along with the Duration field and take a look at the values for all subtasks and then add all the values per the formula. You will likely find your issue.

    Hope this helps.

    John

    Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:21 PM