none
MDT 2013 will not AutoLogon and continue TS after having the Unattend.xml file edited. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been working on setting up a DeploymentShare to automate images to the company devices. I am able to fully deploy a device if I do not make changes to the Unattend.xml file. The way I am deploying the image is without having an image captured. The OS will install and the default Unattend.xml file that is created with the DeploymentShare will run and apply its settings. It will have the Administrator account created and added to the Administrators group without any issues. It will auto login into the Administrator account and the TS will continue to run installing the softwares. It the will finish successfully. So here is the issue, once I have the default Unattend.xml edited by renaming "Administrator" to "User1", add the OEM Information with the companies info, the OS will install and the Unattend.xml file will run. It will not login into the User1 account and it will not continue to run the TS to finish installing the software after I manually enter the password. I have had redone everything from scratch and I continue having the same issue.

Have anyone experienced this issue?

I am using MDT 2013 Update 2 version 8456, ADK for Windows 10 and the Add on.

• Edited by Angel_IT Tuesday, July 2, 2019 11:32 AM
    Monday, July 1, 2019 7:25 PM

All replies

• I will recommend you to rename the built in administrator Account at just before "Restore Groups" Phase in Task Sequence to ignore any issues.
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:18 PM
  • I have it setup in the unattend.xml which runs after the OS installation and its way before the "Restore Groups".
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:55 PM