Buying Apps for Win8 in Canada RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not impressed with Microsoft.  Why am I limited to requiring a US address to buy an app for my Samsung tablet?  We Canadians are buying Microsoft products, in the stores, then you shut us down.  Who's bright idea was that?  Come on people, let's smarten up.  My card is just as good over there as it is here in Canada.
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I also suspect the issue may be related to the region setting. From the following guide,we can see “To be able buy an app from the Store in a specific country or region (based on the Home location setting for your PC), you need to use a payment method from that country or region. For example, if you buy an app from the Store and your PC’s Home location is set to the United States, your payment method needs to be one from the United States.

Add or edit your payment method for the Windows Store
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-edit-payment-method-windows-store

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, August 2, 2013 6:11 AM
    Friday, July 19, 2013 9:08 AM

All replies

• I would make your that your tablet is set to the correct region. It sounds like your tablet is currently set to US. You can change the region under settings. The app store will need to be closed when you make the change for the change to apply. Hopefully that helps.
    • Proposed as answer by Mark D Albin Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:23 PM
    Friday, July 19, 2013 2:55 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I also suspect the issue may be related to the region setting. From the following guide,we can see “To be able buy an app from the Store in a specific country or region (based on the Home location setting for your PC), you need to use a payment method from that country or region. For example, if you buy an app from the Store and your PC’s Home location is set to the United States, your payment method needs to be one from the United States.

Add or edit your payment method for the Windows Store
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-edit-payment-method-windows-store

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, August 2, 2013 6:11 AM
    Friday, July 19, 2013 9:08 AM