Can't install PowerShell 2 on W2k3 SP2 that has SCOM 2007 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My machine is running W2k3x64 sp2 with SCOM 2007 R2 installed. I want to install Powershell 2 by installing KB968930x64, the system gives me this error : "Setup cannot proceed. Windows Managment Framework Core is already installed on your system." I dont want to uninstall "Windows Managment Framework Core" from add /remove program as I know this is not the right way to upgrade powershell. The question is can I install PS2 into SCOM R2 machine ? I try to uninstall PS1 from the system but can't. What is the right way to install PS2 into server that has SCOM R2 installed ? I have few management pack written in powershell v1, I need to test if Powershell v2 does not break the existing management pack written in PS1 .Please help.

Monday, January 10, 2011 11:16 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Regarding this issue, please also refer to the following post:

Windows Management Framework Core is already installed on your system

http://guyellisrocks.com/operating-systems/windows-management-framework-core-is-already-installed-on-your-system/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, January 21, 2011 8:25 AM
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:11 AM
  • Just to confirm...  Open up PowerShell and try to run $psversiontable.  That will be empty if you are actually running v1.  Even with v2, there are some leftover references to v1, and I just want to make sure that you might not be confusing that with what you're seeing.
    Saturday, January 15, 2011 1:03 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Regarding this issue, please also refer to the following post:

Windows Management Framework Core is already installed on your system

http://guyellisrocks.com/operating-systems/windows-management-framework-core-is-already-installed-on-your-system/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:11 AM
  • Just to confirm...  Open up PowerShell and try to run $psversiontable.  That will be empty if you are actually running v1.  Even with v2, there are some leftover references to v1, and I just want to make sure that you might not be confusing that with what you're seeing.
    Saturday, January 15, 2011 1:03 PM