Explorer 7 for Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a download for Explorer 7 that will work on Windows 7?
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:01 PM

Answers

• No, there is not.  The default is IE8.  Win 7 ships with IE8 and there is no Win 7 IE8 download.  There is an IE9 download for Windows 7.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Jayme S Thursday, October 6, 2011 9:44 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:32 PM

Sir, You can't install Internet Explorer 7 but you can run it inside Internet Explorer 8 & 9 (as the rendering engine is bundled) by doing the following:

1. Open IE8 or IE9
    2. Open >Tools >Developer Tools
    3. Switch Browser Mode to IE7 and Document Mode to IE7

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    • Edited by Las D. Rashid Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:43 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:43 PM

All replies

• No, there is not.  The default is IE8.  Win 7 ships with IE8 and there is no Win 7 IE8 download.  There is an IE9 download for Windows 7.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:32 PM

Sir, You can't install Internet Explorer 7 but you can run it inside Internet Explorer 8 & 9 (as the rendering engine is bundled) by doing the following:

1. Open IE8 or IE9
    2. Open >Tools >Developer Tools
    3. Switch Browser Mode to IE7 and Document Mode to IE7

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    • Edited by Las D. Rashid Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:43 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:43 PM
  • If you are having issues viewing certain web sites, you can try viewing them in compatibility mode.

Jerry

Thursday, October 6, 2011 9:36 PM
  • Thanks so much! I have Windows 7 and there is a site I have to use for work that only works in IE7 or older.
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 9:46 PM
  • Thanks so much! I have Windows 7 and there is a site I have to use for work that only works in IE7 or older.
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 9:46 PM