web cam RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP Pavillion dv6-1030us.  I've had it for about 3 years now.  Today, Hp advisory came up and asked if I wanted to see if the web cam was working.  I connected to the web cam, it was working at first, then quit.  When I tried getting it to work again, it says if I am using an integrated device, make sure it is turned on.  I never turned it off and don't know how to turn it on.  I try to click on the tools and it won't do anything.  I go to the control panel and click on hardware, then click on scanners and cameras, nothing comes up in the box that should show it.  I've restarted the computer hoping that would get it to work again, nothing happens.  Any advice?  Also, I get redirected a lot when I try to click on pages on the internet.  This w1.dailybag.net comes up with numerous things.  Sometimes it asks if I want to download something, among other things.  I've tried using super anti spyware removal, but it can't find it to get rid of it.  Any advice on that?

Appreciate anything you can help with, Jim

Saturday, July 28, 2012 3:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you install the proper driver for your webcam? To make sure the driver is properly installed, you can open the Device Manager to check if there is a yellow mark on the icon of the webcam. You can download the driver fromWEBCAM’s hardware provider.
    If you are sure the driver is OK, I think you should ask hardware provider for further help to check if there's hardware problem.

Hope this help you.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Mohammed Imtiyaz Ali

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, August 3, 2012 9:19 AM
    Saturday, July 28, 2012 7:45 AM