Exchange 2003 - error Address rejected RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

here is the scenario once more: old exchange server crashed and my client installed new exchange server 2003 enterprise edition

Now mail was not going both inbound and outbound, we managed to fix inbound, but outbound give the followinfg error: smtp communication error - <servername #5.5.0 sntp;550 #5.1.0

I have checked both on recipient policy and default smtp virtaul server stiing on relay and connections everything is configured well

when doing nslookup internally, mx records point to new exchange server,                                 i have also done telnet on same new exchange server and got the following error: unable to relay for user@xxxx

I thought exchange 2003 is now easier, but i have fooled myself

please a word of advice!!

• Changed type Shakoane Monday, April 18, 2011 6:50 PM not a transport matter
    • Changed type Mike Crowley Friday, July 29, 2011 5:31 PM
    • Moved by Mike Crowley Friday, July 29, 2011 5:32 PM (From:Transport)
    Monday, April 18, 2011 11:11 AM

Answers

• Hi

thanks for reply, i managed to figure out what was the problem

issue: when the team installed new exchannge server, the forgot to configure all three steps at Ironport devicIn case anyone might have similar problem using smarthost like IRONPORT,              here are the steps i went through:                                                                                                                             1. from Network > click Listeners,                                                                                               2. then point to Host Access Table > select Senders Group field                                                     3. choose relaylist sender group                                                                                                4. add the new server (that how i managed to get it right)

Apart from that make sure that:

make sure under Network >> smart routes, on SMTP route list change destination IP address to new server, 2. then commit changes, 3.

thanks ,, shakoane 

• Marked as answer by Mike Crowley Friday, July 29, 2011 5:32 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:30 AM

All replies

• The Outbound NDR doesn't give enough information.
    It may well be that the previous server was using the ISPs server as a smart host, or wasn't and you have configured as such. Something like that.

Doing a telnet test to your server doesn't really prove much.

Unable to relay can be a correct error in many circumstances. From what you have written it is impossible to say.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Monday, April 18, 2011 10:23 PM
  • Hi

thanks for reply, i managed to figure out what was the problem

issue: when the team installed new exchannge server, the forgot to configure all three steps at Ironport devicIn case anyone might have similar problem using smarthost like IRONPORT,              here are the steps i went through:                                                                                                                             1. from Network > click Listeners,                                                                                               2. then point to Host Access Table > select Senders Group field                                                     3. choose relaylist sender group                                                                                                4. add the new server (that how i managed to get it right)

Apart from that make sure that:

make sure under Network >> smart routes, on SMTP route list change destination IP address to new server, 2. then commit changes, 3.

thanks ,, shakoane 

• Marked as answer by Mike Crowley Friday, July 29, 2011 5:32 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:30 AM
  • H,, i'm managed to get solution

just forgot to update as answer marked

Ref:shakoane

Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:08 AM