my computer doesnt save RRS feed

• Question

• hi i've been having this problem for about 2 months now. each time i restart my computer it reverts or rollbacks to 3 months ago. for example : i download a game like starcraft 2 and do all sorts of stuff like change my desktop and delete some files, but when i restart my computer and log back in it doesnt save and goes back to the same way my computer originally was 3 months ago. how do i stop this? it's getting really annoying spending time reinstalling and deleting everything i change.
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Try deleting all the restore points off your computer so it cannot revert back?

may be risky because if it is having bad issues it may crash altogether

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:06 PM
  • restore points?

Edit : i checked to see if i had any and i don't have any restore points.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:57 PM
  • Ok,

I would suggest backing up what you need, then do a fresh installation. It is probably going to be the most efficient way for yourself to do it. I could run you through a series of things for you to try if you do not wish to do that

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:16 PM
  • Hi,

Does it mean that every change cannot be saved in Windows 7? Do the downloaded files disappear when you restart?

If so, I would like to suggest you creating a new user to check the result:

Create a user account

Meanwhile, it is recommended to perform a SFC command to repair the corrupted system files:

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, February 7, 2011 2:43 AM
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 9:13 AM