none
EHLO options between current server and proxy target do not match : Xrdst. Critical non matching options : Xrdst. Failing over.

Question

• I'm running Exchange 2103, I have two CAS severs and 5 mailbox servers. On my cas servers I receive the following errors in my SMTP SEND Logs:

EHLO options between current server and proxy target do not match : Xrdst. Critical non matching options : Xrdst. Failing over.

The above error occurs on 3 of the 5 mailbox servers. Due to this error all mail is relayed through the 2 mailbox servers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, March 24, 2017 6:10 PM

Answers

• Ran the powershell all components are active including ForwardSyncDaemon and ProvisioningRps on all of the servers.

Receive connectors are set as per your example.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 4:37 PM

All replies

• Hello,

To troubleshooting your issue, please run below command and ensure all component stay in Active status (by default, ForwardSyncDaemon and ProvisioningRps are not active):
    Get-ServerComponentState <Server Name>

Meanwhile, open EAC, switch to Mail flow ---> Receive connector, open "Default <ServerName>", ensure Exchange Servers is checked under Permission Groups.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 27, 2017 8:04 AM
  • Ran the powershell all components are active including ForwardSyncDaemon and ProvisioningRps on all of the servers.

Receive connectors are set as per your example.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 4:37 PM
  • Hi David,

Is this issue solves with my suggestion?
    If so, please also mark my reply as answer. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 1:24 AM
  • Yep. That worked immediately (after restarting the Transport services, but still).

/Bjorn

Monday, December 3, 2018 9:17 AM