Run the same folder monitor against multiple folders RRS feed

• Question

• I have multiple log directories on a server I would like to monitor. The directories are not nested and do not share a common parent directory or drive letter. How would I go about running this workflow to monitor multiple directies?

I was thinking about keeping a file containing a list of directories, but the monitor folder object wont take input. A variable doesn't work either since it really seems more like a constant. 

Any ideas? 

Sunday, November 28, 2010 4:14 AM

Answers

• Consider using multiple workflows:

Workflow 1:  Custom Start accepts filename and other necessary parameters.  Does whatever work you want done with that file.  Processes a single file.

Workflow 2-N:  Monitor (file/folder) object that when triggered does any filtering required and then triggers Workflow 1 with the file name of the file to process.  If multiple files are found by the monitor these would trigger Workflow 1 multiple times, once for each file.  So be sure to set the number of concurrent workflows for Workflow 1 to match what you would expec the collective load of Workflow 2-N to produce on Workflow 1.

• Marked as answer by Robert_Hearn Friday, December 3, 2010 4:23 PM
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 12:18 AM