Enable forward PAI data - Number Unavailable - Enterprise voice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my trunk configuration between Skype for Business mediation and IP-PBX, I have activated "Enable forward PAI data".

However, when a PSTN call is made from SfB client to a SIP phone (registered on IP-PBX), then at SIP phone "Number Unavailable" is displayed. At the INVITE I noticed a “Privacy: id” parameter. I think the latter is causing the problem.

Do you know why SfB sends this? I don’t have “suppress caller id” enabled.

Thx.

Monday, April 25, 2016 10:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Michkor,

A small scenario: 

A userZ calls a Lync UserA, UserA had set call forwarding to his colleague, a pbx UserB. Now UserB should be getting the call with the display name of UserZ. But some some pbx system never accept this call because it thinks that this is an unauthorized call using the internal trunk(after looking at the caller details). To over come this we used to enable PAI data, in this way the pbx understands that the call is coming from an authorized person however the CID of the user is not send across the trunk(just shows as a private number). I can gather more information if required. 

Thanks,
    Anoop Karikikuzhiyil Babu | Erstwhile Microsoft Premier Unified Communication Engineer. My blog

• Proposed as answer by Anoop Karikuzhiyil Babu Thursday, April 28, 2016 5:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by mpmk Wednesday, May 11, 2016 1:10 PM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 11:57 AM

All replies

• I think this explains it. 

Mediation Server will forward PAI headers with tel URI’s & E.164 numbers ONLY received on the SIP trunk to S4B Server. Mediation Server will also forward any Privacy headers received in either direction.  If the SIP Request sent by mediation server includes a Privacy header of the form - “Privacy: id” in conjunction with the PAI header then the asserted identity should be kept private outside of the network trust domain.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/4/5/245583A7-E9E1-403B-BD15-AB711C7DF744/Lync%202013%20Headers%20for%20SIP%20trunk%20provider%20billing.docx

Thanks,
    Anoop Karikikuzhiyil Babu | Erstwhile Microsoft Premier Unified Communication Engineer. My blog

Monday, April 25, 2016 12:06 PM
  • The question is why “Privacy: id” is sent to an outbound PSTN call when “suppress caller id” is disabled.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:35 AM
  • Hi Michkor,

A small scenario: 

A userZ calls a Lync UserA, UserA had set call forwarding to his colleague, a pbx UserB. Now UserB should be getting the call with the display name of UserZ. But some some pbx system never accept this call because it thinks that this is an unauthorized call using the internal trunk(after looking at the caller details). To over come this we used to enable PAI data, in this way the pbx understands that the call is coming from an authorized person however the CID of the user is not send across the trunk(just shows as a private number). I can gather more information if required. 

Thanks,

• Proposed as answer by Anoop Karikuzhiyil Babu Thursday, April 28, 2016 5:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by mpmk Wednesday, May 11, 2016 1:10 PM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 11:57 AM