none
Exchange 2010 public folder database backup failed RRS feed

• Question

• Exchange 2010 public folder database backup was failing regularly.

Please find the below error log and suggest.

DPM version- 2010

The replica of Exchange Mailbox Database ABCHQ-PF-DB1 on abcmbx03.com is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent.

For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a consistency check on the farm. (ID 3106)

The job was cancelled. The user either cancelled the job or modified the associated protection group. (ID 908)

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 10:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Arivazhakan

Do you have sufficient space on your pools to do the backup? I normally run ESEUTIL when i do exchange backups, i found that worked for me. On DPM 2012 i also have it set.

Also check if you have circular logging enabled on your Exchange Databases as this can cause inconsistency. One other thing to check is if the log files have been removed after each backup, maybe dismount you Database, move the log files to another folder, mount the Database again and then try running your backup.

You can also enable circular logging, dismount, mount your DB and then disable it again, dismount, mount you DB and this will also clear your logs.

You can also try stopping protection of the PF and then starting it again.

Kind Regards

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:46 PM