none
ImageX Applying Error = 3 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to deploy an image using ImageX and I got an error below,

[0%] Applying Progress

[Error] D:\users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\temporary internet files\Content.IE5 <Error =3>

Error restoring image

the system cannot find the path specified.

I am deploying an image to a single PC with USB external disk drive where the image is stored. This is not over the network.

This is a good known image that has been used in the past and the path is correct! What's the solution? thanks.

Thang Mo

Monday, November 23, 2015 4:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We suggest you first follow the steps in the link below to deploy the image.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744531(v=ws.10).aspx#ApplyImagesToHardDrives

Please pay attention to that you need to create a partition structure for the hard disk.

If it does not work, we suggest you find another test machine to check if the image has problem. The image can be destroyed by many reasons. We could not exclude the possibility of the image problem even though you have used it before.

Hope that will help you.

Best Regards

Simon 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 6:17 AM