Exchange 2010 - Users will Full Access Permission do not have additional mailboxes appear in OWA or on Mobile Devices RRS feed

• Question

• Title explains it but I will outline the problem:

We are running Exchange 2010 and have many users that require access to shared mailboxes (Marketing etc...). We have given users Full Access Permission where appropriate and the mailbox appears automatically in their Outlook. 

However all of our users also have their email set up on their phones (iPhone or Android). The email on each phone is set up as an Exchange Account so their Emails, Calendar, and Contacts are synchronised. 

The shared mailboxes do not appear on their phones. Is there a way to enable this or would they have to add the shared mailbox as an additional Exchange account on their phone?

The mailboxes also do not appear in each users Webmail log in. They can open the mailbox but is there not a way so it is displayed underneath their Primary account as in Outlook?

Any help would be much appreciated.

James

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Not sure about the phones/iDevices support for multi Activesync profiles. You could always set up their main profile as activesync and secondary mailboxes as pop3/imap. I only have a droid and blackberries so have only been able to test this theory on Android 2.3.

In OWA you can have a persistent view of another users Inbox folder by right clicking on your mailbox and clicking open other users inbox.

• Edited by JonBridger Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:28 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:27 PM
  • Auto-Mapping with Full Access Mailboxes is an Outlook-only feature. For ActiveSync, you need to add an additional Exchange account. There is no way to display a shared mailbox in OWA underneath their primary account . However, I believe it works with Outlook 2007.

Exchange 2010 SP1 - Shared Mailbox - Auto mapping in OWA & Outlook 07 not working
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradmin/thread/9da4d96f-0fb3-4ac0-aebd-cf3991cbd459/

Auto Mapping Mailboxes With Full Access (Shared) In Outlook 2010 Using Exchange 2010 SP1…
    http://www.howexchangeworks.com/2010/09/auto-mapping-mailboxes-with-full-access.html

MCTS: Messaging | MCSE: S+M

• Edited by Jon Alfred Smith Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:43 PM
    • Proposed as answer by wendy_liu Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fatmas87 Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:56 AM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:42 PM
  • Not the answer I was hoping for but the answer I expected.

It is a bit strange how the Full Access Permission is mapped on the server yet only works in Outlook.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:59 AM