Package Status is "Idle (0%)" (Standalone installation without streaming) (App-V 4.6) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

There is an application sequenced on App-V 4.6 Sp2 Sequencer. Initally the application does install correctly on App-V client and the Package Status is seen as Idle (100%). Msi is used for installing the App-V package.

However after few days some of the customers report issue that the application is not working, when checked the Package Status is seen as Idle(0%). This is not a consistent issue though.

Can anyone please guide me for the cause of the Package Status being seen as 0%.

Thanks in advance,
    Sujit

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:19 AM

Answers

• ... the log ;-)

Even if you just re-deployed the application, the sftlog.txt still should contain information about the 'old' issue.

In fact it would be good to get the time/date when the issue re-occours. I'm not even sure if the App-V client log would show any Error ('ERR') or just a Warning ('WRN').

However, if you have custom deployment scripts that use 'SFTMIME' commands to do certain things (and don't just rely on the App-V auto-processes), then often things are not written into the log.

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

• Proposed as answer by znack Monday, January 27, 2014 7:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sujit J Friday, January 31, 2014 4:58 AM
    Monday, January 27, 2014 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Has the cache file been reset?

Has other packages been streamed, that require the cache-space?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

in addition to Znack's question:

There are some situations that may force an application (pakage) to unload

- the cache file has been reset entirely (all applications show 0%): This can be caused by regualr maintenance or by corruptions in the cache file

- the package has been unloaded: this can be done by 'privileged' users (local admin rights). If a package contains several applictions, unloading one application unloads all of them

- The cache size is limited and 'almost filled', and another application requires to be loaded

In any way, the App-V log (sftlog.txt) should show information about that

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:03 AM
  • Hello

- I dont think the cache file was reset as user does not have access to it. (What is the quickest way of determing if it has been done?, Also what are the ways in which the cache can be reset considering its always stand alone method without streaming)

- there were actually 3 version of the same application installed and all were seen as Idle(0%). The user does say that it was working correctly some months back though.

- the cache size should not be a problem, as we configured the client to use free disk space thershold as 1GB.

Regards
    Sujit J

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:08 AM
  • OK, anything in the log?

Falko

Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:20 PM
  • Hello

I was in a hurry at that moment hence did not check the log (has asked to reinstall the application). So wanted to know, the next time someone reports this issue what are the things that i need to check.

• Edited by Sujit J Friday, January 24, 2014 9:31 AM
    Friday, January 24, 2014 9:30 AM
  • ... the log ;-)

Even if you just re-deployed the application, the sftlog.txt still should contain information about the 'old' issue.

In fact it would be good to get the time/date when the issue re-occours. I'm not even sure if the App-V client log would show any Error ('ERR') or just a Warning ('WRN').

However, if you have custom deployment scripts that use 'SFTMIME' commands to do certain things (and don't just rely on the App-V auto-processes), then often things are not written into the log.

Falko

• Proposed as answer by znack Monday, January 27, 2014 7:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sujit J Friday, January 31, 2014 4:58 AM
    Monday, January 27, 2014 8:25 AM