none
UniquenessErrorMessage not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

I've got an irritating little problem here. I have played around with UniquenessValidationXPath and UniquenessErrorMessage in an UocTextBox in my RCDC. The validation works fine, but no matter what I do I can't seem to get my wanted error message to display. When I put in a social security number that already exists I just get "This value already exists. Please try a different one." (which by the way is NOT the default message according to the documentation I've found). Anyone played around with this and got it to work?

The entire control in question looks like this:

<my:Control my:Name="SocialSecurityNumber" my:TypeName="UocTextBox" my:Caption="{Binding Source=schema, Path=extSocialSecurityNumber.DisplayName}" my:Description="">
            <my:Properties>
              <my:Property my:Name="Required" my:Value="true"/>
              <my:Property my:Name="Columns" my:Value="34"/>
              <my:Property my:Name="MaxLength" my:Value="12"/>
              <my:Property my:Name="Text" my:Value="{Binding Source=object, Path=extSocialSecurityNumber, Mode=TwoWay}"/>
              <my:Property my:Name="UniquenessValidationXPath" my:Value="/Person[extSocialSecurityNumber='%VALUE%']" />
              <my:Property my:Name="UniquenessErrorMessage" my:Value="Användaren med personnummer %VALUE% är redan upplagd!"/>
            </my:Properties>
          </my:Control>

The documentation (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee534918(v=ws.10).aspx) is for FIM2010, haven't found anything more recent, and I'm using MIM2016, could this property have been removed since FIM days?

Thursday, April 6, 2017 7:09 AM