none
Lock screen widgets do not show info with corporate "require CAD to logon" domain policy RRS feed

• General discussion

• The machine with the enterprise edition is in a domain where "require CAD to login" is enabled. the machine is sucessfully activated.

In the lockscreen<  have the Calendar set to expanded view and the mail and weather to minimum view. No update or notification will come from the machine at all (visual or audio).

Took the machine out of the domain, rebooted and used secpol.msc to set the policy back to is not required. all the lockscreen widgets now work properly.

Never had this problem with Windows 8.1, just with windows 10. Is there some new domain policy that needs to be set? Do not recall seeing one. 

Any help would be appreciated..

Monday, August 17, 2015 10:22 AM

All replies

• Hi TJ,

This should be related with Windows Update.

I tested the "CAD" logon (disabled this policy) on Windows 10 with KB3081438 installed, and the lock screen works as expected, none-domain joined.

Please update and check to see if the update would make any difference at your side.

Cumulative update for Windows 10: August 14, 2015

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081438

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:08 AM
  • KB3081438 is applied with the PC restarted and the same results, the "press control+alt+delete to logon" is displayed above the time, however the next upcoming appointment or unread message count is not displayed below the time. This occurs on both the domain joined machine and on a non-domain machine if the policy "Interactive Logon: do not require CTRL+ALT+DEL" is set to disabled.
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:23 PM
  • Hi TJ,

Thanks for the update.

I didn't notice that.

I will help to collect ths at my side, meanwhile, please feel free to feedback this using the built-in feedback Tool.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 24, 2015 2:34 AM