Move user from Skype Online 2 on premises RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Peeps,

I get this error message when trying to move a user from SkypeOnlibe back to <g class="gr_ gr_136 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="136" id="136">Onpremises</g>.

Error " Unable to connect to the migration web service. Please wait a few minutes and then try again. If this error <g class="gr_ gr_5 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="5" id="5">persist</g>, and if you are otherwise able to connect to the Internet, please contact Microsoft Support."

This occurs either by using GUI or PowerShell command. 

Its been over 72 business hours with it not resolving Itself. I have done this multiple times successfully either way ( Cloud to <g class="gr_ gr_383 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="383" id="383">Onpremises</g> and <g class="gr_ gr_392 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="392" id="392">bacward</g>)

Richard Ojel...

Monday, June 11, 2018 1:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Richard,

Move online users to on-premise, there are two scenarios.

Move online users—who were originally online—to on premises

Move online users (who were originally on premises) to on premises

If the online users(who were online originally),you should do some another steps ,you could find the all the steps in the following link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn689115%28v=ocs.15%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:54 AM
  • I have already done the aforementioned. 

Richard Ojel...

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 1:10 PM
  • This is how I resolved It.

I noticed that even though the user was showing up in the Skype Control Panel as well as through <g class="gr_ gr_8 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="8" id="8">powershell</g> when using Get-csUser cmdlet, <g class="gr_ gr_705 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="705" id="705">i</g> discovered that the user was NOT showing up under the Skype4B Online "Users list". Even though when I ran Get-csOnlineuser -identity, the person's name still showed up. Weird!

I also tried changing the name and sip address of the users on AD on-premises and then syncing via AAD connect, the user was still not showing up in the Skype4business online but would show up in the Office365 portal under users.

Anyways to cut a long story short and since I could move other users back and from Skype4b online with no Issues, I ran the disable-<g class="gr_ gr_508 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="508" id="508">csuser</g> -identity and removed the user from Skype4B on-premise server since ultimately I wanted to disable the user. 

robinhood_montreal

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:54 PM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:26 AM