Microsoft Teams - Is there an easy way to search for Staff Teams, Class Teams, Normal Teams? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I have been advised to post also on this forum.

I was wondering if there is an easy way to generate a report where I can see how many Staff Teams, Class Teams and "Normal" Teams we have in the school where I work. Many teams have been initially generated via Powershell using a csv file, but these were just normal teams missing features like the Staff/Class notebook. After that, some teams have been removed and recreated as Staff/Class Teams.

I would like to create a report where I can clearly see which one is a Staff Team, which one a Class Team and so on. Is there some sort of identifying property (using the Team/Exchange PS modules) I can look for by which I can differentiate?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Francesco

Thursday, January 30, 2020 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hi, you can look at the Office365 group properties which will tell you how the group was created (originator).

Not entirely sure on your arbitrary use of the terms Staff/Class Teams and what impact this has for the members.

Google Get-MsolGroup

Thursday, January 30, 2020 8:06 PM
  • Thank you for your reply, but looking at the properties of the O365 group doesn't return the information I am looking for (and the GroupType doesn't help me).

About Microsoft Teams: google "Microsoft Teams Types". You will find 4 different types of groups.

It would be helpful if I could find all the teams which have a "Staff Notebook" or a "Class Notebook" on their SharePoint site, but there are no "special" folders assigned to these notebooks.

I should become member of all the actual teams (more than 1000) and check one by one if they have a staff/class notebook... Again, I was hoping to find an identifying property for these teams. 
    Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:18 PM
  • "Teams" in SharePoint are relatively new.  You should post in a SharePoint forum for help[ with this.  I am not sure if MS has released an API for teams or CmdLets to help.

Teams are mail integrated but are not O365 stuff exactly.  They are just a newer way to collaborate.

You can likely mange teams with O365 workflows.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:28 PM