Outlook sent items RRS feed

• Question

• I can only see sent messages sent using outlook. If I send a message using gmail, those messages are not showing in the sent folder in outlook. 

The email is using google business.

Outlook is setup using IMAP

Friday, November 22, 2019 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hi MathewGomes,

A similar problem, if not the same, has been solved in this thread upon Perry_Pan's response:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e478fb1f-1418-4383-9146-63353fbc189f/outlook-2016-syncing-but-not-displaying-gmailsent-mail-imap-account?forum=outlook

Please have a look at that one and give Perry's suggestions a try.

Regards,
    Burak V.

Friday, November 22, 2019 7:04 PM
  • Hi,

Can you search for these sent messages in Outlook client? Can you see the sent items on your webmail?

To save copies of sent messages, please make sure you have configured the settings below:

1. In Outlook client, click File > Options > Mail > Save messages, check the option "Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder". Restart your Outlook client.
    2. In Outlook client, click File > Account settings > Double click your account > (More settings) > Uncheck "Don't save copies of sent items". Restart your Outlook client.

If the above settings are set but the issue persists, then there may be a corrupted view setting, please press Win + R, type “outlook /cleanviews”, press Enter.

Besides, the folder that saves sent messages in your Gmail account might be called "Sent Mail" instead of "Sent Items".

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 25, 2019 6:20 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 6:52 AM