ADFS Relying Party Trust RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have ADFS configured and is working well and great. We are in the process of implementing another cloud based application.

Application provider has advised their application works with other products using SAML 2.0 integration well and fine for e.g. onelogin, without the SPs providing them with any metadata URL or certificate.

I have configured our Web Proxy (just using this as an example) in our ADFS environment in which we had to configure proxy providers certificate and metadata url and our metadata url and certificate in their portal and that works all well.

Now coming back to the issue, the new application provider reckons it can be done. I have tried configuring relying party trust with some basic info provided by the application provider but it doesn't really work. 

I am not sure if its possible to configure ADFS to connect with the app without metadata and certificate.

Is there anyway we can only configure one way authentication ? BTW, Application providers Website/Portal/Landing Page is HTTPS.

Can anybody please advsie.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    I would suggest you take a look at the following article regarding step by step procedures to add a Relying Party on ADFS, it has no steps to configure metadata and certificate.
    http://www.sharepointpals.com/post/Step-by-Step-Procedures-to-add-a-Relying-Party-on-ADFS-20
    You could follow it and have a try again. Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

In addition, since the question is related to ADFS, you could post your question in the ADFS forum: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=ADFS&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc
    The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Wendy Jiang Friday, June 3, 2016 2:28 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Wendy Jiang Tuesday, June 7, 2016 6:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Wendy Jiang Monday, June 13, 2016 7:50 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2016 2:28 AM