Server R2 2008 x64 (foundation) - cannot see Roles/Features RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot see the roles or features on this server, here is the cut from file:

Checking System Update Readiness.
    Binary Version 6.1.7600.20751
    Package Version 9.0
    2010-11-14 22:53

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store
    (f) CSI Missing Identity 0x00000000 appid e156bedf0de..f199496f817_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16608_81aec118ace163bd 
    (f) CSI Missing Deployment Key 0x00000000 microsoft-w..-deployment_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_52488fcdef22534e HKLM\Components\CanonicalData\Deployments 
    (f) CSI Missing Deployment Key 0x00000000 microsoft-w..anguagepack_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_0fff35bcc1da9c8b HKLM\Components\CanonicalData\Deployments 
    (f) CSI Missing Deployment Key 0x00000000 fd6586e015b..da4ad8bca21_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16559_26eaaf7be07bfc5e HKLM\Components\CanonicalData\Deployments 

hoping someone can help with this

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems that some registry keys are missing or corrupted in the location: HKLM\Components\CanonicalData\Deployments. To resolve it, I would like to propose the following suggestions:

1.     Download the fix.zip file from the following site, extract it and import it to the above registry location.

Note: please back up your registry before importing the file.

https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=555bec0d-6b88-4c2c-b506-20ac9953f74f

Password: !qG+^$YGMBpHJ@*

2.     If the issue persists, as the registry is corrupted and CheckSUR doesn’t repair this type of corruption. Attempting a System Restore or In-place upgrade is recommended. In-place Upgrade is a special upgrade process to repair the system. In-place Upgrade will not affect settings like photos, movies, documents, etc. that are saved on the computer. It won’t require activation again.

1)      Insert the Windows Server 2008 R2 Installation Disc to your DVD-ROM drive. If AutoPlay pops up, click “Run setup.exe” directly.

2)      Click “Install now” on the “Install Windows” screen.

3)      In the “Get important updates for installation” screen, it is recommended to select the first option to download latest updates for installation, if Internet access is available.

4)      Check the box “I accept the license terms” to agree with the installation license and click “Next”.

5)      In the “Which type of installation do you want?” screen, click “Upgrade” to perform the In-Place upgrade.

Reference:

Advanced guidelines for diagnosing and fixing servicing corruption

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, November 29, 2010 1:25 AM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is this the entire log file?

-- Mike Burr
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:35 AM
  • Hi,

It seems that some registry keys are missing or corrupted in the location: HKLM\Components\CanonicalData\Deployments. To resolve it, I would like to propose the following suggestions:

1.     Download the fix.zip file from the following site, extract it and import it to the above registry location.

Note: please back up your registry before importing the file.

https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=555bec0d-6b88-4c2c-b506-20ac9953f74f

Password: !qG+^$YGMBpHJ@*

2.     If the issue persists, as the registry is corrupted and CheckSUR doesn’t repair this type of corruption. Attempting a System Restore or In-place upgrade is recommended. In-place Upgrade is a special upgrade process to repair the system. In-place Upgrade will not affect settings like photos, movies, documents, etc. that are saved on the computer. It won’t require activation again.

1)      Insert the Windows Server 2008 R2 Installation Disc to your DVD-ROM drive. If AutoPlay pops up, click “Run setup.exe” directly.

2)      Click “Install now” on the “Install Windows” screen.

3)      In the “Get important updates for installation” screen, it is recommended to select the first option to download latest updates for installation, if Internet access is available.

4)      Check the box “I accept the license terms” to agree with the installation license and click “Next”.

5)      In the “Which type of installation do you want?” screen, click “Upgrade” to perform the In-Place upgrade.

Reference:

Advanced guidelines for diagnosing and fixing servicing corruption

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, November 29, 2010 1:25 AM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:32 AM
  • Link and password gives response that there are no files available for download.

At most times I only remote access this server so am not able to perform the second option of the inplace upgrade until my next visit.

I would like to beable to try the first option before making special visit to perform second.

Thanks for the input.

Monday, November 29, 2010 2:57 PM
  • The log file was edited for space, I believe that I kept all the relevent information.
    Monday, November 29, 2010 2:58 PM
  • Link and password gives response that there are no files available for download.

At most times I only remote access this server so am not able to perform the second option of the inplace upgrade until my next visit.

I would like to beable to try the first option before making special visit to perform second.

Thanks for the input.

As files will only remain at this location for 72 hours.  The file will be deleted if it exists longer than 72 hours. I just uploaded the fix.zip file again, please use above link and password to download the fix.zip.

Best Regards

Dale

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 2:02 AM